Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Well Placed Accessory

While poking around on Facebook, I noticed the The Ritz-Carlton in the right hand navigation list, asking me to like its residences in downtown Baltimore at the Inner Harbor.

I don't like pages on FB easily, but I will take a peek. I have no idea who the photography credits belong to or who is responsible for the design of each of the rooms below, but I hope I find out. Yummy yumminess - why am I living in the suburbs again? Oh - because I love my house, too, and will even more once it's finished. And kept sparkling. Note to self.

But I digress. The Ritz-Carlton Residences at the Inner Harbor Baltimore:


 That wallpaper in the kitchen. Swoon.


You can see floor plans and get other details here.

One thing that always strikes me in model home rooms is the sense of restraint (well, usually). The well placed accessory carries so much more punch than a bunch of clutter strewn about. This is not a skill I've mastered. I really need a ten thousand square foot house to accommodate my need to shop and bring home decorative accessories. Seriously - I just bought an oil painting today. It's ridiculous.

If I ever hire a designer, I will really only need them to edit and place my accessories. If I ever become a designer (shh! latent dream!) this will be my number one challenge - the biggest thing I need to master.

The second biggest thing will be to squelch my desire to do something myself when I know good and well I need to hire a professional, but I am quite certain that's another post.

1 comment:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Hi! Oh how I love the colors used! And that bathroom....SWOON!

Hey I feel you about minimizing the accessories! I have too many! Becoming a designer is something I would love to do myself;-)