Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Think Pink

Or not.

When I went on the hunt for photographs of girl's bedrooms using strong color, I noticed an unsurprising trend: people really like pink for little girls.

Not that I have anything against pink. In fact, I like the color, particularly when paired with orange:


That's quite a headboard, isn't it? But I digress.

Nothing against pink, actually like it, but I do feel sorry for the little girl who doesn't care for it. It is very difficult to avoid. Google "Little Girl's Room" and you'll see what I mean.




Sugar and spice and everything nice, right? Pink is definitely associated with girls. Ironically, my understanding is that pink was originally a color reserved for baby boys. Who'd have thunk it?

My little girl's room will have little pink, however. At least to start - I'm sure it will creep in there somewhere, both because there is no way to avoid it, seemingly, and also because again: I do like the color. The main colors, however, will be yellow, green, orange, and blue, and the blues are taking their place as the second main color. The term "awash in blues" is pleasing to me, so maybe I'm subconsciously adding it in.

Hopefully as well as some others have.



There's that pink again, huh?

So we shall see.

No comments: